On Sat 08/Apr/2023 23:27:26 +0200 Douglas Foster wrote:
Even when the recipient and the evaluator have a great working relationship, neither party may understand what exceptions are needed for the messages from every participant, current or future, to be accepted reliably.   So the list messages arrive smoothly until a message is sent from a participant in a geo-blocked country.    The user discovers the problem when he realizes that he has no idea what topic is being discussed, because he missed the initial post.

That seems to be an old-fashioned non-rewrite case.

It seems evident that to get consistent evaluation results, evaluators need to judge based on the list identity and reputation, rather than the sender identity and reputation.   I do not see how this can be achieved without replacing the From address with an address in the list domain.  Replacing the From address is not the only obstacle, but it is the starting point.

An alternative to matching From: could be to match stream identifiers. Someone tells the recipient's MX that she subscribed to stream XYZ, so please accept such posts. I'd guess a list has to be "DMARC-clean" for MXes to agree.

Best