On Thu, 17 Aug 2017 at 16:34:30 -0700
Rick Moen <r...@linuxmafia.com> wrote:

> Quoting Alessandro Selli (alessandrose...@linux.com):

>>> When you say 'it', you refer to the SH2-compatible chip from 2015, which
>>> was merely the -start- of the Hitachi SuperH-revival project.
>>
>>   No, 2-way SMP support was added in 2016.  Looks like that was the last
>> release.
>
> But the text you quoted (above) described the 2015 SH2-compatible chip,
> exactly as I said, not the 2016 one.  Thus my point.

  Please, read it in full:

http://j-core.org/roadmap.html

        It was announced at Linuxcon Tokyo in 2015, with a second release at
        ELC 2016 adding 2-way SMP support.

>  You described only the _start_ of the roadmap.

  I described what is available *now*.

>  You said nothing (until
> now) about even the 2016 immediate successor.

  Again:  described what is available *now*.  I don't care what they plan to
produce in the future.  I might take that in consideration when it's going to
materialize.

>>>  Why did you ignore the rest of the roadmap?
>>
>>   Because it's just a roadmap.  I wrote about what is available now.
>
> What is available now is not all that interesting.

  Which is exactly my point.  No product?  No market.

  Bye,

Alessandro