On 12/12/17 02:25 AM, Lars Noodén wrote:
Yet, as is their habit, their response is to go ad hominem rather than
address the points made.  Money is a great motivator for company
managers, especially at the C level.  M$ pointed out ages, albeit
inadvertently via leaked documents, that any company that can grab hold
of "Linux" and make it effectively proprietary can lock up the market.
Specifically I mean the Halloween Documents which have turned out to be
quite accurate.  So as to following the money trail, it looks like Red
Hat is using the strategy and goal lined up in the first Halloween
Document.  So, if nothing else, Devuan is important in that it prevents
Red Hat from decommoditizing Linux completely.  Unfortunately that also
makes Devuan very visible to opponents of general purpose computing.

I read this the other day and it made me think of systemd phenomena.
https://boingboing.net/2017/12/06/the-unknown-unknowns.html

Clarke