On 26.03.18 09:10, muba...@openmailbox.org wrote:
> Erik!, you get this error when you are installing devuan from 2.0
> DVD?. Or after the installation complete successfully, and you want to
> install some package from the DVD after mounting it?

Hi Mubarak,

My installation was from USB flash. As advised on this thread, the
netinst iso is a very good way to go. The CDROM issues vanished once
the iso was copied correctly, and my Ascii install now works fine.

I just have to find a way to change the boot order in the Udoo X86 bios,
as installing grub on /dev/sda didn't put it on the first disk in the
boot sequence, and the bios is not trying the second, making for an
irritating boot at the moment. Perhaps I can alternatively read up on
grub, and install another copy of it from the command line.

Erik