Quoting chill...@protonmail.com (chill...@protonmail.com):

> At minimum, I'd like to see browsers blocking certain possibilities
> from javascript.

This isn't going to be provided in the default configurations of major
Web browsers because the firms producing and supporting them are
financially supported by firms funded by Internet advertising and user
tracking.

However, the history of Web browsers proves that it's possible for the
browser engines to have robust and adequately featureful extension
interfaces that can serve as the basis for user-installed software to
constrain and restrict the browser's Javascript engine and related
functions to better protect browser security, performance, and privacy.

IMO, that's the best arrangement we're likely to even get -- other than
perhaps in 'speciality' Web browsers produced/maintained entirely by
volunteer teams without industry funding.  So, bottom line, IMO, Linux
users need to stop hoping major Web browsers will merge in robust and
effective privacy-protecting (but ad-threatening)  functions into their
mainline code (such as 'blocking certain possibilities from
Javascript'), as it's not going to happen.