Unfortunately, making technological things overly complicated reduces
the number of hackers from modifying them. This means, unethical
practices like spying on consumers and planned obsolescence are more
likely to succeed. We are living in an a world without ethics where
capital gains are involved. We, the most civilised and evolved species
on the planet, indulge in business activities that kill the
breadmaking of our rivals. The only thing that counts is increased
financial returns at the end of the year.

So, make horrible (irrational) technological decisions to achieve
whatever is set to be achieved.

[ Lately, I am trying to understand how in the whole universe, all
collectors of 16 ouput transistors (2SC5200 & 2SA1943) in an amplifier
are earthed! Yes, earthed! Why not the 0 volt rail of the power
supply?! ]