Hallo, Simon,

Du meintest am 28.02.12:

>>>  Yes, of course.

> To be clear, if there are NO "interface=" lines, then dnsmasq will
> respond to all interfaces.

But something doesn't work - see my other mail in this thread.
Without any "interface=" line: Thunderbird mailing doesn't work, getting
a DHCP address doesn't work.

> If there are ANY "interface=" lines, it
> will respond to just those interfaces, but it will always respond to
> loopback interfaces, you don't need to list them.

Just tested: without "interface=lo" mailing with Thunderbird doesn't
work.

> Going back to the original problem: look in the logs. If you see
> nothing, then the problem is access control (interface=, address=) or
> firewall.

But the problem seems to be related only with the existence or non-
existence of the "interface=" lines.

> If you see lines saying there's no address range available,
> then the dhcp-range is wrong and doesn't match the address of the
> interface.

No such line.

> Take firewall configuration seriously: it trips up lots of people.

see above: with existing "interface=" lines most things work well.

What still doesn't work: getting a DHCP IP address for the second NIC.

Viele Gruesse!
Helmut