On Thu, 7 Jun 2007, Thierry Moreau wrote:

> By the way, does IETF dnsop need to discuss a consensus-based DNSSEC root
> priming specification? I whish an open discussion is possible.

You can't have the cake and eat it too. An open discussion seems
impossible if one of the participants will then go around and try to
patent ideas that originated out of such open unfinished discussion. You
are forcing discussions to happen in private, to be presented to the IETF
"as is", so that no IPR claims can be made based on freely shared ideas
on the IETF lists.

What do you want? Colaborating on internet standards, or building
proprietary software algorithms by yourself? You can only pick one.

Paul