> None of the below makes any difference. We do not know what instructions
> Vixie has given Austein, and we do not need to know.
>
> The considerations for conflict of interest are well established:
[...]
> Austein needs to avoid participating in issues that affect
> his company, its financial position, or that of his co-workers.

Is this just a statement of general principles, or are you suggesting
that in the particular discussion at hand, Paul Vixie's having expressed
opinions about IPR claims, their effect on the RFC process, and the
desirability for RFC's to be implementable in free/open-source
software, constitutes a conflict of interest?

Should Rob recuse himself from *any* matter that Paul's sent an email
about?  What about opinions Paul may have discussed with Rob privately?
Or just things he's vaguely thought about, without saying anything?

--
Evan Hunt -- [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.