On Thu, Jun 07, 2007 at 05:38:19AM +0000, Paul Vixie wrote:

> >    A zone's name servers should be reachable by all IP transport
> >    protocols (e.g., IPv4 and IPv6) in common use.

> what i meant was that a zone should have servers reachable by every
> IP transport protocol in common use, in order that the zone be reachable
> by all DNS initiators no matter what IP transport protocol they're using.

I haven't seen alternative text proposed; here's some:

  The set of name servers for a zone should be reachable via all
  versions of IP (e.g. IPv4 and IPv6) in common use.

I think that expresses what you wanted, and also gets rid of the
"transport protocols" nit that Rob noted.  (To emphasise, though, this
whole discussion is a nit as far as I'm concerned; I'm happy to see it
go ahead without the change.  It seems like an editorial matter to me.)

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                              M2P 2A8
jabber: [EMAIL PROTECTED]                 +1 416 646 3304 x4110