On 25 Jun 2008, at 16:08, Dean Anderson wrote:

According to this page, both F-root servers in China are "local nodes",
meaning they don't advertise their route outside of the ISP they are
connected to.

"The ISP" is misleading; both F-root nodes in the PRC are connected to popular exchange points in their respective locations, and ISC is known to operate open peering policies.

As to whether the F-root nodes in Hong Kong and Beijing actually exist, I can vouch for them being decidedly non-imaginary since in both cases I was part of the team that installed them. I fully expect this to do nothing to enhance their credibility in your eyes, however, and there's no need to point that out.

Joe