David,

On Aug 19, 2008, at 9:09 AM, David Ulevitch wrote:
which you could have argue against 10 years ago but not now.
It's such a shame that computer processing technology for doing stuff like cryptography hasn't advanced in 10 years.
Unfortunately, the Internet has grown in 10 years, too.

Indeed it has. However, I gather Masataka is concerned about (D)DoS against caching servers due to the increased workload of validating cryptographic signatures. If the caching server is moved down closer to the end node, the fact that the Internet has grown becomes irrelevant since the validation load is being spread across many machines.

Do you want to fund my costs of supporting (and encouraging my clients to use) DNSSEC?

I don't use your service. If your customers feel there is value in what DNSSEC can provide, they'll presumably pay you for DNSSEC functionality and if you don't have it, they'll find some other way of meeting their needs. Of course, the decision is yours as to whether and/or at what point in time you want to take the risk/cost of adding DNSSEC functionality to your service.

Regards,
-drc