[EMAIL PROTECTED] (David Ulevitch) writes:

> ... -- My goal is not to derail DNSSEC.  It does that on its own.  My
> goal is to make sure people don't buy into the kool-aid being poured
> that DNSSEC is the only solution.  It isn't.

that depends on the problem statement, really.  if the problem statement is
"how can we secure hop-by-hop" then there are other solutions on the table
right now besides DNSSEC.  if the problem statement is "how can we secure
end-to-end" then there are no other solutions on the table right now.

my chosen problem statement is "how can we secure end-to-end" because i am
worried about corruption inside servers not just between them, and i want
to defend against provider-in-the-middle attacks (including several that
opendns currently monetizes.)
--
Paul Vixie

believed to be clean.