[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Paul Vixie) writes:

> my chosen problem statement is "how can we secure end-to-end" because i am
> worried about corruption inside servers not just between them, and i want
> to defend against provider-in-the-middle attacks (including several that
> opendns currently monetizes.)

i forgot to mention, i'm also worried about on-path attackers not just the
off-path attackers kaminsky, klein and dagon have recently noted.  no hop-
by-hop solution can address the problem of a MiTM who can see and/or alter
your queries and responses.

therefore even though end-to-end ("DNSSEC") has been painful and has taken
too long to get deployable and is rather ugly, i'm backing it.
--
Paul Vixie

believed to be clean.