On Thu, 16 Jul 2009, Florian Weimer wrote:
> * Tony Finch:
> > On Thu, 16 Jul 2009, Florian Weimer wrote:
> >>
> >> If you want to address the issue with hotspot doorway pages, you need
> >> protocol changes.
> >
> > Better to use an intercepting proxy in that case, and for quarantining
> > infected hosts.
>
> Doesn't work if the user uses the employer's filtering proxy for web
> access.

I don't see why not, but even so, if they're already using a filtering
proxy they are already safe, and the proxy is responsible for handling
DNS lookup failures.

Which reminds me, another way to solve this problem is using a proxy
auto-config file.

Tony.
--
f.anthony.n.finch  <d...@dotat.at>  http://dotat.at/
GERMAN BIGHT HUMBER: SOUTHWEST 5 TO 7. MODERATE OR ROUGH. SQUALLY SHOWERS.