On May 13, 2015, at 11:12 AM, Tony Finch <d...@dotat.at> wrote:
> ISPs should delegate the relevant part of the IPv6 reverse DNS tree to the
> customer, so the customer can provision PTR records as required.

Yes, this is what we should recommend. I don't expect all ISPs to do this, but
it's the right thing to do on a technical level, unless we want to deprecate
PTR records. The idea that this shouldn't happen goes against the notion of
end-to-end service on the internet: it presumes that "providers" are not "end
users," and while this is a prevalent business model at the moment, I don't
think it's a business model the IETF should be favoring (or, to be clear, that
we should be discouraging either).