I have no particular objection to the concept here, but I do have a
question about one sentence in the draft.  Section 1 states:
>    Like Top-Level Domain Names, .onion addresses can have an arbitrary
>    number of subdomain components.  This information is not meaningful
>    to the Tor protocol, but can be used in application protocols like
>    HTTP [RFC7230].

I honestly don't understand what is being stated here, or why a claim is
made about HTTP at all in this document.  Are we talking about the
common practice of www.example.com == example.com?  And what
significance does that last phrase have to the document?

Eliot