Sent from my iPhone
> On Mar 28, 2016, at 1:31 PM, Suzanne Woolf <suzworldw...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> As a practical focus: sometime ago, DNSOP adopted and then parked
> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-alt-tld/. This draft
> proposes a special use names registry entry that would be expected to
> function as the rightmost label in names intended for resolution outside of
> the DNS protocol: something of a meta-protocol switch.

Such a solution as the clear benefit to get the IETF out of the name evaluation
quagmire. The more I look into it, the more I'm drawn to a solution that would
look like this: apply 6761 one last time to create .alt (or ._ or whatever) and
*then* close the registry.

Alain, speaking solely for myself.