On Dec 14, 2016, at 4:48 PM, Ray Bellis <r...@bellis.me.uk> wrote:
> The arguments in favour of a pseudo-TLD are (AFAIK) entirely user
> orientated, and not technical.

You are effectively saying that user interfaces don’t matter.   If they do
matter, then getting them right is indeed a technical matter.

Diving deep into an emotional argument about this is not really appropriate.
The Homenet Working Group is considering asking for .homenet as a special-use
name, and barring some clear reason why that is not what we should do, that is
what we are going to try to do.   Clear reasons do not include "but you could
just as well do something different."