On Thu, 15 Dec 2016, Ted Lemon wrote:
Billions and billions of them?   How often do they query the root, do you
think, compared to a stub resolver that did recursion itself?

I have no idea, although I do know that IoT devices tend to use stripped down linux distros.

In any event, given that most of the root traffic is junk, I wouldn't think that any plausible increase in non-junk traffic would be noticable. Queries for TLDs cache really well. You might want to talk to the RSSAC.

R's,
John