Is there any public data to support the presumptions of excess capacity at
the roots and the impact of NSEC aggressive use on the DNS?   I know that
in the previous century, punting on operational impact by guessing about
outcomes was common.   I thought the IETF had moved away from SWAG and was
working toward a more disciplined and fact based process for making
changes.

/Wm