On 4.4.2017 19:30, Matthew Pounsett wrote:
> On 4 April 2017 at 13:21, Tony Finch <d...@dotat.at
> <mailto:d...@dotat.at>> wrote:
>
>     > I believe that's a faulty assumption.   Here's some data:
>     >
>     > [...] During the month of February, [...] an average of 31 changes
>     per zone. [...]
>
>     That seems to agree with what I meant, though I probably should have
>     said
>     "per-zone" somewhere :-)
>
> That's the average, but there's a not-insignificant number there being
> updated many times per day.    Most of the time, you're right, there are
> few changes, but one can't assume that any given alias will have a low
> rate of change.

Numbers, that really helps!

If I consider the numbers above and the fact that IXFR is able to deal
even dynamically updated zones, I conclude that pushing ANAME logic to
provisioner side is reasonable approach and that added complexity in
name server itself is not warranted.

--
Petr Špaček  @  CZ.NIC