On 31 Mar 2017, at 17:54, Tim Wicinski wrote:

On 3/31/17 10:33 AM, John Levine wrote:

Now we're back to the same issue I raised with BULK. Everyone now has
to carefully check what features are supported by all of their
secondary servers, as opposed to now where I don't even know or care
what software they use. Some of us hoped we got over that once DNSSEC
got into the mainstream auth servers.

This is already happening. I can't slave zones between third party vendors if I use any of their specialized features (Such as ALIAS records), let alone any Geo Directional features. We're way past that now.

Tim, thanks, this is the voice of reality. Our hope is that we can reduce this pain by one point by standardising ALIAS/ANAME.

Kind regards,
--
Peter van Dijk