Matthijs Mekking wrote:

On 24-03-18 14:48, Joe Abley wrote:
On Mar 24, 2018, at 13:49, Jared Mauch <ja...@puck.nether.net> wrote:

isc/bind can and perhaps should implement logging for these
rrtypes that say they may be going away so folks can see the impact.

I'm actually surprised to see that support for rarely-used RRTypes is
really upsetting the camel.

To me this deprecating obsolete records is more an exercise of picking
the low hanging fruit. Start with an easy task, gain experience for more
difficult "unloading the camel".

that was done, with deprecate-iquery. we now know how to do this.

but, we have got to stop saying things like "i don't see this protocol feature used in the queries hitting my feature, therefore it's not important any more." the internet, and the private intranets beyond the edge of the internet, is a big place.

the fat part of this camel may not be the oldest dna, either.

--
P Vixie