On Sun, Mar 25, 2018 at 02:19:56PM +0100, Paul Hoffman wrote:
> ....except that, if some implementer reads this document as meaning that
> they don't have to handle the listed RRtypes in any special way, they
> could get nailed when interoperating with implementations that handle
> the compression correctly.

I'm not sure that's a major concern though. If you receive an MB RRset
and you don't implement that type, or if you do but your impelementation
assumes the rdata won't be compressed and it is, then you could just treat
it as an opaque TYPE7 RRset.  We do have experience with interoperation
between servers that implement different sets of rrtypes.

--
Evan Hunt -- e...@isc.org
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.