Just a question on this: was the old/classic behavior really
random/shuffled? Or was it that bind would "rotate" through iterations
where the order was the same each time if you think of the rrset list as a
ring, but with a different start and end point within that ring? (That's
what's described here:
https://docstore.mik.ua/orelly/networking_2ndEd/dns/ch10_07.htm)

Colm