On 3/26/19 5:10 PM, Tony Finch wrote:
I haven't seen any objections to support for ANAME in recursive servers
so I'm surprised you think that is problematic enough to be removed.

I'm not convinced that the resolver parts will be important, regardless of what exact mechanism will be chosen.  My reasoning is that you can't rely on any changes there being widely deployed soon, and there might not be enough incentive to implement and deploy.  On the authoritative side, on the other hand, it's enough to just get support on all servers *you* use, and the incentives seem much stronger, too.

--Vladimir