> On Mar 24, 2022, at 4:07 PM, Tim Wicinski <tjw.i...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> All
>
> If you attended the most recent DNSOP session, you've heard Warren speak
> about creating a BCP for DNSSEC, including  all of the DNSSEC related RFCs,
> in order to make life easier for implementers and DNS operators.
>
> We want to ask the working group if this is something DNSOP wants to work on.
> If so, we can work with Warren to prioritize getting through the approval
> process as efficiently as possible.
>

> This starts a Call for Adoption for: draft-hoffman-dnssec
>
> The draft is available here:
> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hoffman-dnssec/
>
> Please review this draft to see if you think it is suitable for adoption
> by DNSOP, and send any comments to the list, clearly stating your view.

I think it is suitable for adoption.

> Please also indicate if you are willing to contribute text, review, etc.

A couple of things from my first read:

Should the abstract perhaps more directly state the goal of documenting DNSSEC
as a best current practice?  I find the stated purpose “to introduce all of the
RFCs in one place” somewhat unconvincing.

From section 4: "IANA already has two registries that relate to DNSSEC”.
Shouldn’t the DS digest algorithm registry be considered a third?

DW