On Dec 14, 2022, at 11:29, Eliot Lear <l...@lear.ch> wrote:

> We're off in the woods again.  Let's keep these two principles in mind:
>
> The DNS resolution mechanisms are not expected to resolve, let alone secure
> names ending in .ALT.
> How other resolution mechanisms secure names is their affair.
I don’t think people disagree on this.

>> On 14.12.22 17:13, Paul Wouters wrote:
>> "bob.foo.alt" still squarely falls into "my" namespace
>> It is indeed not “yours”.
> ... from the perspective of DNS.  Whether it is "yours" or "mine" from the
> perspective of GNS is a matter for GNS to resolve (for example).

I was not talking from the perspective of IETF or DNS. The .alt is the Wild
West. Even GNS cannot claim exclusivity of a chunk of it. It is competing with
all the other unregulated namespaces.

Martin said he cannot help other alternative namespaces using the same
alternative namespace as he is using. I merely confirmed that and recommend
that if he is looking for exclusivity, he has to leave the Wild West behind and
go to a regulated space and play within the rules set out there to get his
exclusive namespace.

Paul