On 15.12.22 03:51, Paul Wouters wrote:
I don't interpret it as "the person responsible for fixing the
conflict". I think if one opts to use a name under .alt, one has to
engineer in how to deal with conflicts in that namespace. It is a
fundamental feature/bug of it.

That is true with *any* namespace.  The reason we are here is that we are attempting to engineer how to deal with conflicts with the DNS name space.  Also,  some conflicts may be okay in .ALT, depending on how it is used (imagine locally scoped well known names, for instance).  We really can't say since we're not setting engineering goals or standards for its use. So let's be quiet on the matter, other than to say that how others use ALT is out of scope.

Eliot