On 15/12/2022 01.59, Martin Schanzenbach wrote:
If there is an obvious way to do it, the draft could give an example. Whatever
you
mean by "go to a regulated space" should be given with clear example.

You can simply register a DNS name and use that sub-tree in non-DNS context (as well).  That also comes with other advantages, depending on your use case, in particular the ability to "do something" also in case a user falls through to normal DNS.

I don't think this RFC really needs to explicitly mention such alternative approaches, but I wouldn't mind.