On Tue, Mar 07, 2023 at 11:15:55AM +0100, Peter Thomassen wrote:
> Oops, touché! I stand corrected. Thanks, Mark.
>
> What I meant is rrtype 0. I used the wrong mnemonic.*

IMHO, you're almost definitely correct that NULL (type 10) would be safe to
use for this. Type 0, thought, would not - it's used internally by name
servers in ways that could be pretty difficult to untangle.

I would lean toward using a newly allocated type code, though, because I'm
100% sure that wouldn't cause any conflict with existing implementations,
and I'm only 99.7% sure that NULL wouldn't.

--
Evan Hunt -- e...@isc.org
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.