On Mon, Apr 10, 2023 at 02:35:36PM +0000, Joe Abley wrote:
> I continue to think that if you don't get a response, you can't tell
> whether the delegation is lame. Lameness (as I use the term) relates the
> configuration of the nameserver, not it's availability.
>
> So I prefer Duane's formulation to yours, precisely for the reason you
> gave.

I understand the distinction you're making, but (serving in my occasional
role as asker-of-the-dumb-question), does this distinction matter very
much?  Do we treat delegations differently if they're Properly Lame™ vs
merely unusable, and thus need different words for each category?

--
Evan Hunt -- e...@isc.org
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.