On Wed, Apr 12, 2023 at 21:33, Patrik Fältström
<paf=40paftech...@dmarc.ietf.org> wrote:

> On 12 Apr 2023, at 20:56, Niall O'Reilly wrote:
>
>> I have, or think I have, always understood the NS RRset at a zone
>> cut to advertise a set of delegations, each to a distinct server.
>
> And if you use anycast, where some of the servers in the anycast cloud
> respond and some do not?

This is not a distinction that matters if you consider lameness to be a
characteristic of a response. No response, no observable lameness.

With regard to a flock of drones providing service for a single nameserver I
agree there are other exciting failure modes to look forward to. But, as
before, I don't think we have a shortage of ways to describe them -- no need to
economise by using a single term to describe everything that can possibly go
wrong.

Joe