Hi Florian,

Thanks for the feed back. One motivation for this document was to provide
guidance to deploy a DNSSEC resolver and implicitly encourage those not
doing it already.  I think that your comment was very helpful as it clearly
indicated that we were achieving the opposite of what we were aiming at. I
also think that your comment put new light on previously received comments
we received. We largely re-focused the document to mention what an operator
should do and remove (unclear) discussions of what could be done, but
cannot be done.  I hope the current version of the draft provides a much
more positive message.

Yours,
Daniel

On Wed, Jun 7, 2023 at 1:38 PM Florian Obser <florian+i...@narrans.de>
wrote:

> On 2023-06-07 13:08 -04, Tim Wicinski <tjw.i...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Just a reminder we're looking for any feedback on continuing work on this
> > document.  The Chairs/OverLord Warren feel significant work on this
> > document is needed, but that may not be relevant.
>
> The document seems to have a rather pessimistic view on running a
> validator. It has this huge list of things that an operator has to do
> and does not assign any importance to them - everything seems to be
> equally important.
>
> If I were to read this as the person responsible for running the
> recursive resolver at an enterprise or at an ISP I'd think: That sounds
> like effort and incredibly fragile, it's probably best to not enable
> validation.
>
> It would be nice to have an informational RFC on the topic, but I'm not
> convinced this is it. Maybe Andrew's suggestion to split this up is the
> way forward. Maybe have one document with minimum requirements (correct
> time, stuff like that) and take it from there.
>

> > We're wrapping this feedback up this Sunday 11 June.
> >
> > (and Thanks Andrew for your comments)
> >
> > tim
>
> --
> In my defence, I have been left unsupervised.

Daniel Migault
Ericsson