On 2023-06-07 13:08 -04, Tim Wicinski <tjw.i...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Just a reminder we're looking for any feedback on continuing work on this
> document.  The Chairs/OverLord Warren feel significant work on this
> document is needed, but that may not be relevant.

The document seems to have a rather pessimistic view on running a
validator. It has this huge list of things that an operator has to do
and does not assign any importance to them - everything seems to be
equally important.

If I were to read this as the person responsible for running the
recursive resolver at an enterprise or at an ISP I'd think: That sounds
like effort and incredibly fragile, it's probably best to not enable
validation.

It would be nice to have an informational RFC on the topic, but I'm not
convinced this is it. Maybe Andrew's suggestion to split this up is the
way forward. Maybe have one document with minimum requirements (correct
time, stuff like that) and take it from there.

--
In my defence, I have been left unsupervised.