On Monday, June 13, 2011, David Paenson <davepo...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Over the past three years have been writing a documentation specifically
> aimed at students (and authors in general) in German.
>
> It is available at:
>
> http://www.fb4.fh-frankfurt.de/tips/openoffice/dokumentation/ooo_fuer_studenten.pdf
>
> The documentation reflects criticisms and suggestions made by my students -
> 240 per semester participate in my 3 hour introductory course - and their
> concrete needs when it comes to formatting longer texts such as research
> papers etc.
>
> I was thinking of adapting it to LibreOffice and also translating it into
> English.
>
> In my view, there are loads of introductions to various aspects of the
> program and also very good systematic introductions written from a technical
> point of view. But I haven't yet come across one written specifically for
> students and limiting itself to their specific needs. Students don't have
> the patience, the time or indeed the need to learn about all aspects of the
> program, they just want to produce nicely looking documents in as short a
> time and with the least effort possible.
>
> My question: where can I publish my introduction? Have been looking around,
> but can't find anything on the web.
>
> Best
> Dave

On my to do list for several years is a project to write (in English)
exactly what you are talking about, but I have not found the time to
do so. If you could translate your document into English, that would
be so good. We can put it into the English wiki (in ODT format or wiki
format or both; your choice).

Jean