Regarding the Base Guide

On Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 11:30 PM, Jean Weber <jeanwe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 16/08/2013, at 11:49, Mark LaPierre <marklap...@aol.com> wrote:
>>Thank you so much for holding my hand Y'all.  I found the location where the
>>Base documents are kept.  Now, what do I do with the documents that are
>>stored there?  Is there a team leader/contact person who knows what needs
>>doing and where to get the information from?
>
> I am the docs team leader, but Dan Lewis has been doing most of the work on
> the Base Guide, which is one of the docs on Base.
>
> I will write in detail tomorrow about what needs doing and where to find
> files and other info. (I just got home from a month away and a 36-hour day of
> travel, and I am going to fall asleep any minute.)
>
> Welcome to the team!
>
> -- Jean

Thanks to Robert for posting the links to info about the Base
Handbook. In this note I will talk about the Base Guide, which Dan
Lewis has been working on.

Dan's latest outline is here:
http://www.odfauthors.org/libreoffice/english/base-guide/draft-v3.6/dan_base-guide-outline/view

AFAIK, the latest drafts are here:
http://www.odfauthors.org/libreoffice/english/base-guide/draft-lo3.4

(Although there is a folder named draft-lo3.5, it contains files which
AFAIK have been superseded by those in the folder for v3.4. And the
"last modified" dates given on the website are often wrong, because
they were reset to the date when the website's software was updated:
Feb 26, 2013. A file with a later date is probably correct, but many
of those with Feb 26 dates are in fact much older.)