On 06/25/2015 12:40 AM, Dave Barton wrote:

>> How it is created
> Painfully :)

Going by the comments in email list about creating the helpfile, I
suspect that "painfully" is a major understatement.

> The dev guide to creating help files can be found here:
> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/HelpContent
> and a somewhat dated edition here:
> http://www.openoffice.org/documentation/online_help/

One needs to find:
* Helpauthoring.oxt.
* xmlhelptemplate.ott

and learn how to use both of those items, before one can even begin to
work on the built-in help documentation.

As best as I can determine, there is no documentation on how to use
either the template, or the extension.

The other barrier is setting up GIT/Mercurial/whatever SVN is really
used, on one's local system, to import the data onto one's system.

sudo apt-get install GIT is easy enough, but to use it is a slightly
different story.

> BTW. We are all subscribed to this list, so cc isn't necessary.

My working assumption is that the person sending the reply has little,
if any control over who receives their reply, when responding to a list.

jonathon