Hello Cathy

Em 27/07/2017 15:16, Cathy Crumbley escreveu:
> Hi Olivier,

(snip)

> Finally, I downloaded the file and realized what I have been missing.
>
> Perhaps I am a dunderhead but if I missed the Help files, perhaps others
> have. I would strongly recommend that the download page be clearer about
> what the file contains. Can this feedback be passed on to the
> appropriate people or should I submit it somewhere?

No dunderhead at all and thanks again for raising the issue. This is an
old issue and people keep bypassing the download of the Help. I know the
Help is not downloaded because it pulls a string in the forums and
mailing lists on very basic subjects, typical of those who do not access
a Help, for whatever reason.

> On another note, I have been wondering how to find information about the
> project as a whole. Then I looked at the blog post you linked to and
> found pages with some of the information I have been looking for. I
> would like to suggest that new members like me be referred to that site
> as an introduction to the LibreOffice project.

We keep a wiki for that purpose. But it requires permanent reordering
and addition/deletion/update of hundreds of pages, permanently.

We also have our main website (www.libreoffice.org) with information on
the project.

> By the way, I noticed an archived tender (July 2016) to redesign the
> download page. Does anyone know if that means that it has already been
> redesigned and that it will not be changed for a while?

The download page has been reworked recently.

Kind regards

--
Olivier Hallot
LibreOffice Documentation Coordinator