Hi Cathy,
Le 27/07/2017 à 21:55, Cathy Crumbley a écrit :
> Hi Olivier,
>
> Thanks again for the responses.
>
> If this has been a problem for a while, I am puzzled about why it has
> not been fixed. Are you aware of a reason why the download page cannot
> be re-worded now?

It depends on which download page you're talking about. The download
page on the main website is reworked by infrastructure, design and
marketing project, together with the donate page. It's currently being
improved before being translated. For the download page of the
documentation project, the page is quite new, and maybe no volunteer had
time to work on it for the moment.

> To be clear, what are you saying is the best source of information for
> people who are new to this and want to learn about the overall
> LibreOffice project?  Are you saying that the wiki is not useful because
> so much work needs to be done on it?

On the wiki, you'll see the different sub-projects of the LibreOffice
overall project, mainly: development, QA (quality assurance), UX/Design
(user experience), l10n (localization), documentation, infrastructure,
marketing, certification and NLPs (native language projects). All those
sub projects interact together to finally deliver LibreOffice the
product. You'll find also information about the Document Liberation
Project (DLP) which is another project under TDF umbrealla.

> As long as I am asking questions, here is one more: What is the Pootle
> server?

Pootle is an instance used by the l10n team to localize LibreOffice UI
and Help, part of the website, LibreOffice On Line currently.

Don't hesitate to ask any question you have :)
Cheers
Sophie

--
Sophie Gautier sophie.gaut...@documentfoundation.org