> foo monkey wrote:
> > SchemaVersion is an element in the document. This code seems to imply
> > to me that I need to create a separate XPath object for each element I
> > want to search for. Is that correct?

Yes, that is correct, you will have to create a new XPath object for
every different XPath expression you want to evaluate. (Note: you can
cash these XPath objects and use them to select different nodes)

Evan Kirkconnell wrote:
> You can map the namespaces in your DocumentFactory and this will apply
> to the <Node>.selectNodes() function for nodes within the document
> created by the DocumentFactory.

That is true, however I personally don't think that the
DocumentFactory is the correct place for this functionality and would
like to see this functionality deprecated in future versions, also if
you look at the selectNodes() implementation, the method still uses
the same DocumentFactory.createXPath() method in the background for
every string, without returning a handle.

Regards,
Edwin
--
http://www.edankert.com/