In a message dated 5/16/01 10:02:28 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< and 3) have failed to create much, if
 any, excitement (Los Angeles 2001, only 34 registrants as of today and
 no mention on the list serve in weeks).   >>

  Ahemmmmm.....well I for one am WAY excited about the convention in LA and
am waiting for a list of auction items to hit the airwaves, so I can see what
is to bid on. Last year I got a great picture of Skunk and Pat dancing on the
Dinah Shore show.......now I just need John Hartman's autograph on it and OH
YEAH Lily Tomlin's too.
  I know that get togethers with FRIENDS/FAMILY of this fan club is something
that sustains me throughout the year.
  Some of you need to hit the Doobie Brother Fans chatroom and see just how
much excitment is going on in there about upcomming shows and the convention.
  Laurin....those of us attending the Convention are thrilled! (speaking for
myself and atleast 3 other attendees) 34 people equals an intimate setting
with The Brothers that having 100's doesn't offer.  It's the masses that are
missing out on this one...but don't worry everyone....Holly J will make up
for all of you that won't be with us.
  I might even have to borrow a guitar from Lori so that I can participate in
the clinic John McFee is doing.....and I don't even play! LOL LOL LOL
  While I understand your frustration in the low number count Laurin, I know
that there are going to be 34 bona fide FC Members that are going to rockin
our asses off and I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!
  And remember folks....it's not too late to sign up for the convention AND
the shows at The House Of Blues.
  Peace, Holly =)