On Sun, 25 Oct 2009 20:41:54 -0000, Simon O'Riordan
<voluntar...@btopenworld.com> wrote:

> That's a persuasive argument. But I think proprietory companies would
> simply comply by providing 'readers', like Powerpoint viewer.

As far as I'm concerned if a company provides a 'reader' that will work on
any system I choose to use then I'm not going to complain. And all this
petition is doing is asking that the format be an accepted standard. Adobe
PDF is a proprietary app. and as stated earlier has an ISO standard. So it
can be done.

I will highlight the fact that said company would be better off releasing
the source - so the community can support the platforms. Though I will not
hold this a requirement, just a word of advice.

--
Using Opera M2: http://www.opera.com/mail/

--
Next meeting: Dorchester, Tuesday 2009-11-03 20:00
Dorset LUG: http://dorset.lug.org.uk/