2009/11/28 Peter Merchant <mercha...@onetel.com>:
> This should have come up two weeks ago. After trying to get rid by
> Freecycle, I ended up taking about 6 CD drives and all my old hard disks
> under 10G to the tip.

Shame... disk drives make great coasd a way to get a small version of
Linux onto an old ters, and the magnets are amazingly useful for all
sorts of things, I find ;-)e to fin

I have a USB DVD drive which I could lend if it helps. It is mains
powered and has a separate power brick, and is quite heavy but I could
bring it to the meet on Wednesday.

The issue I have with USB installation is that older machines
generally don't have the option in BIOS to boot from USB anyway. Sigh.
I'd still like to be able to install a small distro onto an old Vaio
DesignBook - 64MB RAM if I recall correctly!

--
Next meeting: Bournemouth, Wednesday 2009-12-02 20:00
Dorset LUG: http://dorset.lug.org.uk/