Chris Dennis wrote:
> Hello folks
>
> I wrote to Desmond Swayne, MP for New Forest West, the old-fashioned way
> with paper and ink, and got the following reply.

Crikey - I think I've forgotten how Chris!

---8<---

> Please rest assured that my colleagues in the Shadow Culture, Media and
> Sport and Shadow Business, Innovation and Skills teams will do
> everything in their power to work towards legislation that strengthens
> our digital sector and provides the security that our businesses and
> consumers so desperately need.

I got the same reply (electronically) and this is how I interpret it:

"Please rest assured that my colleagues in the Shadow Culture, Media and
Sport and Shadow Business, Innovation and Skills teams will do
everything in their power to poke the Government in the eye while trying
to look good ourselves. However, should we get in to power I think
you'll find we'll be sucking up to the media barons in pretty much the
same way and you'll all be shafted in much the same way you always are."

Sean

--
music, film, comics, books, rants and drivel:

www.funkygibbins.me.uk

--
Next meeting: Bournemouth, Wed 2010-04-07 20:00
http://dorset.lug.org.uk/     http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=2645413