On Saturday 03 Apr 2010, Peter Washington wrote:
> That would provide exactly the style of "Try before you Buy" that the
> theory says is happening, and would provide a whole host of new sales
> opportunities for the industry to boot !

Yes.  Every DRM that has been invented has been cracked in time.  However, if
a significant proportion of the people on the planet weren't inherently
dishonest, DRM wouldn't be necessary.

By the way, I include the media companies in the group 'inherently dishonest'.
If they weren't so greedy and didn't keep trying to make us buy the same
music, at inflated prices, every time we get a new playing device, then there
would be less incentive to crack the DRM (and many people would be less
inclined to use the cracked media).
                64 bit computing with Kubuntu Linux

--
Next meeting: Bournemouth, Wed 2010-04-07 20:00
http://dorset.lug.org.uk/     http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=2645413