On Sun, 16 May 2010 11:09:26 +0100, Terry Coles <d-...@hadrian-way.co.uk>
wrote:

> I'm not sure I understand this; are you suggesting that bash might be
> locked? I thought you could run as many instances of bash as you wanted?

Correct - I was implying that you may not have been using bash on the
virtual console. You could have been using a different shell and bash
itself could be damaged.

Given the ps(1) you ran implies you are using bash just fine, there is
clearly not a problem with bash.

> Where is this?  I can't run Konsole, so if it's in there I can't get at
> it.

Aah - I was hoping Konsole would let you get to the settings menu.

Try opening a different terminal emulator while under X. Hopefully
something like xterm is around and working?

then run:

konsole -e /bin/sh

This will 'hopefully' allow you to get into Konsole to check the settings
window.

--
Using Opera M2: http://www.opera.com/mail/

--
Next meeting: C4L and Bournemouth, Wednesday 2010-06-02 19:00
http://dorset.lug.org.uk/     http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=2645413