On 24/09/10 14:49, Tim Allen wrote:
Hi Bob

On 24/09/10 12:45, Bob Dunlop wrote:
Hi,

On Fri, Sep 24 at 09:22, Tim Allen wrote:
That's interesting. I'm now at the end of week two setting up a gcc/Newlib toolchain for m68k (on Debian). Most of the pain has been in figuring out how to avoid Newlib's I/O and reentrancy overhead, for very memory-constrained targets, but the initial build sequence wasn't straightforward either. How would I do this with Gentoo?

Well in theory it's simply:

  crossdev --stable --target m68k-elf--newlib

or similar.  Unfortunatly I've just tried it and it barfs while trying to
build newlib.  I've not used m68k in 10 years and have never used newlib,
can you give me a valid Gcc target tuple to use and I'll try it again.

Does

crossdev --stable --target m68k-elf --with-newlib

work?

If that dies, which I think it might, then

crossdev --stable --target m68k-elf --newlib --without-headers

Will do a partial build of gcc.

Then a build of newlib (however you'd do that), and a final build of gcc omitting the --without-headers.

But if it's really smart, then maybe it will do all that in sequence!

Tim

--
Next meeting:  Bournemouth? TBD, Wednesday 2010-10-06 20:00